Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Wishing Thread by Lisa Van Allen

The Wishing ThreadThe Wishing Thread by Lisa Van  Allen

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I am a knitter, I taught myself about a year and a half ago. So the idea of a book that dealt with knitting as a major plot device was intriguing.

I really loved the story. The book was paced well and didn't really fall flat in any areas. It did make me really mad though to see Aubrey make such a huge sacrifice for the town. I am happy with the way it turned out, although I did have to reread the ending to make sure that she kept Vic in the end. I wasn't sure with the revival of the Stichery that she would feel it right to keep him. I laughed at the use of the phone tree, it brought back shades of "Practical Magic" to my mind.  :) I really liked Nessa's character as well. Even though she is young, she has plenty of spunk, I mean who wouldn't want to lock her mom and aunts in the attic until they can behave themselves? 

There were a few places where I wished there was more information, or perhaps the promise of another book to flesh out a few secondary story lines, mainly about the sisters. I know you can't have everything in one book but the relationships between Meggie and Tori, and Bitty and her family are important enough that I wanted more than just the taste that you get when they are not the main focus of the book.

I would definitely recommend this book. It was a good read that kept you coming back for more, but that did so in a very polite way instead of gripping your guts.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment