Friday, July 12, 2013

A Thousand Perfect Things by Kay Kenyon

A Thousand Perfect ThingsA Thousand Perfect Things by Kay Kenyon

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


A young woman wanting to fight convention and follow her heart is lead by magic from the safety of her scientific world of Anglica to Bharata the magically infused country where nothing is as it seems. Betrayal, mystery, love, sacrifice, science and magic all collide in this refreshing read.

This was a truly interesting read. I felt some shades of "Heart of Darkness" when I first read the synopsis which threw me back to my high school English classes. But this was so much easier a read.  This book was fabulous on several levels. I really enjoyed the mental thought processes that were so well defined. Watching the development of the main character Tori, you experience a significant paradigm shift, from a curious, but unaware young woman, to a woman who looks past the things that are expected of her, to what she can become when she allows herself to be free. The identities of the two nations seem to be an over exaggeration of the basic flaws in different cultures. This allows the reader to consider things from a different perspective.

I would highly recommend this read to anyone.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment