Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Marriage Merger by Jennifer Probst

                                                              
I have read at least one other in the series and I liked it. I saw this and thought it sounded like it could be read without having read the rest of the series. It can, but I am going to have to go back and read the rest now.

I like the fact that Julietta is a strong, independent business woman. She was a nice change to some of the helpless heroines in other stories. I loved how important family was to her, although I think entering into an arranged marriage is pushing it a bit far.

Sawyer is such a complex man, he carries such guilt and fear within, that it just hurts my heart. Through all the crap in his history he still manages to maintain his heart, even if he doesn't recognize it.

The way that they both fight the connection that is there between them on different levels; Julietta, on the physical and Sawyer on the emotional; adds so many layers to the story.

This was a fun read that was a nice way to spend a few hours on my weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment